This is timely Greg,
I was just in a discussion about Channel Marketing yesterday. From my product marketing perspective, and at a very high level, I explain product marketing as ‘where we play and how we win with our consumers’ and channel marketing as ‘where we play and how we win with our customers.’ Thanks for putting some meat around the topic.
Channel marketers walk a fine line between sales and marketing. But that also allows channel marketers to have a unique perspective in the organization by:
- Intimately understanding the distribution channel and knowing the needs and priorities of their customers – and their customers’ customers.
- Being able to build a compelling story as to why their new products and programs will help build their customer’s sales and profits
What are channel marketing’s key roles and activities with Sales?
Channel marketing goes by many other names: customer marketing, trade marketing even sales support or admin are other names for the same role. Regardless of what it’s called, the goals for channel marketing are designed to minimize the conflicts with sales.
- Making the flow of information work for sales, not against them
- Removing repetitive information requests
- Building a faster process between questions…
View original post 359 more words